Worldwide Stamp New Issues - Yugoslavia.
Last updated January 2003.
Firstly I wish to thank the Unicover Corporation
for their permission to use information published
on their web site.
Click here to visit the Unicover Corporation web site.
Some of the information here is deduced from stamps in my own collection.
Some sets mentioned here may contain other values not noted.
- 1997. Pictorial Stamp. Reprints with imprint date "1997".
- 50p Studenica.
- 1d Sopocani.
Other values may exist.
- 1997, January 24. 150th Anniversary of the Birth of
- 1997, January 31. International Film Festival
- 1997, February 21. Protected Animal Species. Birds.
- 1997, March 17. 700th Anniversary of the Church
of Saint Ahiley.
- 1997, March 17. 10th Belgrade Marathon.
- 2d50 10th Belgrade Marathon.
- 1997, April 3. 250th Anniversary of the Birth of
Petar Petrovic I.
- 1997, April 22. 125th Anniversary of the
Serbian Medical Association.
- 1997, May 3. Stamp Day.
- 2d50 Airmail Delivery at Night.
- 1997, May 8. Tennis Tournaments in Yugoslavia.
- 2d50 Budva Tennis Tournament.
- 2d50 Belgrade Tennis Tournament.
- 2d50 Novi Sad Tennis Tournament.
- 1997, May 30. Europa Stamps. Myths and Legends.
- 2d50 Bach Shelik shackled.
- 6d Bach Shelik chained.
- 1997, June 5. Nature Protection.
- 2d50 Oak Borer.
- 6d Oak (Quercus robur).
- 1997, June 7. Anniversary of the Birth of Stanislav Binicki.
- 1997, June 7. 150th Anniversary of the Printing of
- 2d50 150th Anniversary of "Gorski Vijenac".
- 1997, September 10. Flora.
- 1d50 Pelargonium "Fanny Eden".
- 1d50 Violet "Hortensia"
- 2d50 Orchid "Dancing Lady".
- 1997, September 10. Ninth National Stamp
Exhibition, "Jufiz". Miniature sheet.
- 1997, September 24. Serbian Chemical Society.
- 1997, October 2. Undenominated Definitive Stamp.
- 1997, October 2. "Joy of Europe". Children's Paintings.
- 2d50 Portrait collage by Milan Ugrisic.
- 5d Portrait collage by Stanislava Antic.
- 1997, October 10. 150th Anniversary of
Matica Srpska Gallery.
- 2d50 "May Assembly in Sremski Karlivoci"
- 1997, November 12. Museum Exhibits.
- 1d50 Two-headed Statuette.
- 1d50 Parade Helmet.
- 2d50 Terracotta Statuette.
- 2d50 Virgin Icon.
- 1997, December 2. Art `97.
- 1d50 12th-century Virgin.
- 1d50 Christ Icon.
- 2d50 13th-century Virgin.
- 2d50 Three-handed Virgin.
- 1998, January 20. Monasteries of Montenegro.
- 1d50 Savina Monastery.
- 2d50 Donji Brceli Monastery.
- 1998, February 2. Winter Olympic Games, Nagano.
- 1998, February 26. World Wildlife Fund.
Protected Animal Species. Horses.
- 1d50 Mare and foal.
- 1d50 Horse.
- 2d50 Head of horse.
- 2d50 Horse and fence.
- 1998, March 7. World Women's Day.
- 1998, April 24. 50th Anniversary of the Yugoslavian Airlines Association.
- 1998, May 4. Europa Stamps. National Customs.
- 6d "Dressing the Bride" (painting by Paja Jovanovic).
- 9d "Bishop Congratulates on the Victory"
(painting by Pero Pochek).
- 1998, May 15. World Cup Soccer Championships, France.
- 6d Soccer Players.
- 9d Soccer Players.
- 1998, May 19. 50th Anniversary of the Danube Commission.
- 1998, June 17. European Nature Protection.
- 6d Hieracium.
- 9d Headfish.
- 1998, June 30. Famous People of Serbia.
- 1d50 Djura Jaksic (1832 - 1878), poet and painter.
- 1d50 Nadezda Petrovic (1873 - 1915), painter.
- 1d50 Radoje Domanovic (1873 - 1908), writer.
- 1d50 Sreten Stojanovic (1898 - 1960), sculptor.
- 1d50 Ivan Tabakovic (1898 - 1977), painter.
- 1d50 Desanka Maksimovic (1898 - 1993), poet.
- 1d50 Milan Konjovic (1898 - 1993), painter.
- 1d50 Vasilije Mokranjac (1923 - 1984), composer.
- 1998, August 21. "Yugoslavia, World Champion in Basketball".
- 1998, September 2. Protected Animal Species.
- 2dáLittle Crane (Anthropoides virgo).
- 2dáPine Marten (Martes martes).
- 5dáRed Crossbill (Loxia curvirostra).
- 5dáLynx (Lynx lynx).
- 1998,áSeptember 15. 80th Anniversary
of the Breaking of the Thessaloniki Front.
- 1998, September 28. Stamp Day.
- 1998,áOctober 2. Joy of Europe. Children's Paintings.
- 1998, November 3. Development of Railways. Railways. Booklet stamps.
- 2d50áTrain from 1847.
- 2d50áTrain from 1900.
- 2d50áTrain from 1920.
- 2d50áTrain from 1930.
- 2d50áDiesel locomotive.
- 2d50áTrain from 1990.
- 1998, November 11. Museum Exhibits. Sailing Ships. The Maritime Museum in Kotor.
- 2d Vessel "Veracruz", 1873.
- 2d Brig "The Pierino", 1883.
- 5d Sailing vessel "The Draghetto", 1865.
- 5d Sailing ships.
- 1998, December 9. Art. 800th Anniversary of Chelandari Monastery.
- 2d Painting of Chelandari Monastery.
- 2d Painting of Chelandari Monastery.
- 5d Painting of Chelandari Monastery.
- 5d Painting of Chelandari Monastery.
- 1998, December 17. The Third Meeting of Ministers of
South-east European Countries.
- 1998, December 19. Vice Champions at the World Volleyball
Championships, Japan, 1998. Miniature sheet.
- 1998, December 21. 75th Anniversary of the Postal Museum, Belgrade.
- 5d Morse's telegraphic machine and the Postal Museum building, Belgrade.
- 5d Postal rider.
- 1999, January 14. Monasteries of Serbia.
- 2d Visoki Decani Monastery.
- 5d Gracanica Monastery.
- 1999, February 5. Protected Animal Species.
- 2d Curly-coated Mangalitza.
- 2d Yugoslavian Podolian breed.
- 6d Balkan goat.
- 6d Valaska sheep.
- 1999, February 24. Yugoslavian Scouts.
- 1999, March 19. 70th Anniversary of Yugoslavian Law Practice.
- 1999, April 26. World Championship in Table Tennis.
The championship commemorated on these stamps was cancelled.
- 1999, May 5. Europa Stamps. National Parks.
- 6d Peregrine falcon from the Kopaonik National Park.
- 15d Lovcen bellflower from the Lovcen National Park.
- 1999, May 13. Europa Stamps. Nature Protection.
- 1999, June 18.áPoisonous mushrooms
- 6d Amanita virosa.
- 6d Amanita pantherina.
- 6d Hypholoma fasciculare.
- 6d Ramaria pallida.
- 1999, June 30. Famous Persons in Montenegro.
- 2d Stjepan Mitrov Ljubisa, writer.
- 2d Marko Miljanov, writer.
- 2d Pero Pocek, painter.
- 2d Risto Stijovic, sculptor.
- 2d Milo Milunovic, painter.
- 2d Petar Lubarda, painter.
- 2d Vuko Radovic, painter.
- 2d Mihajlo Lalic, writer.
These stamps were issued in a miniature sheet.
- 1999, September 15. 125th Anniversary of the
Universal Postal Union.
- 1999, October 1. Joy of Europe.
- 6d Children's drawing.
- 15d Children's drawing.
- 1999, October 15. 125th Anniversary of the
Death of Frederic Chopin.
- 1999, October 18. Stamp Day.
50th Anniversary of the Magazine "Philatelist".
- 1999, October 29. Destroyed Bridges.
- 2d Bridge at Murino.
- 2d Bridge at Varvarin.
- 2d Bridge at Ostruznica.
- 6d Bridge at Bistrica.
- 6d Bridge at Novi Sad.
- 6d Bridge at Grdelica.
- 1999, November 19. Meeting 2000.
- 6d First and second centuries, fragment of Roman altar.
- 6d Third and fourth centuries, the emperor Trajan.
- 6d Fourth century, mosaics.
- 6d Fifth and sixth century, Orthodox symbols.
- 6d Seventh and eighth century, mediaeval cross.
- 6d Ninth and tenth century, St. Peter's church.
- 15d Christ's birth and crucifixion (Miniature sheet).
These stamps and miniature sheet were issued in a booklet.
- 1999, November 27. Destroyed Buildings.
- 1999, December 15. Museum Exhibits. Gold washing on the river Pek.
- 1999, December 30.áArt. Frescoes from Poganovo Monastery.
- 6d St. Stefan the New.
- 6d St. Jovan the Forerunner.
- 6d St. Jefimije.
- 6d St. Makartije the Great.
- 2000, January 13. Monasteries of Fruska Gora.
- 10d The monastery of Rakovac, founded in the 15th century.
- 10d The monastery of Krusedol, founded in the 16th century.
- 2000, January 21. 50th Anniversary of Yugoslav Archives.
- 2000, February 25. Fauna. Butterflies.
- 10dáNymphalis antiopa L.
- 10dáParnalius polyxena.
- 10dáLimenitis populi L.
- 10dáMelanargia galathea L.
- 2000, March 14. The World Wide Fund for Nature. Partridges.
- 10d Partridge (Perdix perdix).
- 10d Rock Partridge (Alectoris graeca).
- 10d Partridge (Perdix perdix).
- 10d Rock Partridge (Alectoris graeca).
- 2000, March 24. Consequences of the N.A.T.O. Aggression on Architecture.
- 10d Destroyed building.
- 20d Destroyed building.
- 2000, May 2. 10th Yugoslavian Stamp Exhibition, "JUFIZ X". Miniature sheet.
- 15d Emblem of the Exhibition.
- 2000, May 4. European Nature Protection.
- 2000, May 9.áEuropa Stamps.
- 2000, May 30. European Football Championships.
- 2000, June 7. 160th Anniversary of Public Postal Traffic in Serbia.
- 10d Post Office Building.
- 2000, June 28. 27th Summer Olympic Games.
- 2000, September 26. Stamp Day. Centenary of the Zeppelin, and Zeppelin Post.
- 2000, October 2. Joy of Europe. World Children's Day.
- 30d Child's drawing.
- 40d Child's drawing.
- 2000, October 5. World Teachersĺ Day.
- 2000, October 12. "Apislavia" Congress.
- 2000, October 23. Yugoslavian Olympic Medals.
- 20d Water polo (bronze medal).
- 20d Air pistol shooting (silver medal).
- 30d Volleyball (gold medal) (Miniature sheet).
- 2000, November 2. Meeting the Third Millennium.
- 12d Discovery of new territories.
- 12d Production and sale of parchment.
- 12d First precise maps and optical instruments.
- 12d First steam locomotive and steamship.
- 12d The Yugoslavian scientist and inventor, Nikola Tesla.
- 12d Satellite and astronaut.
- 40d Early discoveries of the second millennium (Miniature sheet).
These six stamps and miniature sheet were issued in a booklet.
- 2000, December 7. Museum Exhibits. Serbian National Costumes.
- 6d Zubun (mid 19th century).
- 12d Female dress (late 19th century).
- 24d Blouse (late 19th century).
- 30d Jelek (mid 19th century).
- 2000, December 19. Art. Icons and frescoes.
- 6d Holy Mother with Christ.
- 12d Birth of Christ.
- 24d St. Luka.
- 30d Holy Mother with Christ.
- 2000, December 29. United Nations.
- 2000, December 29. O.S.C.E. - Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe.
- 2001, January 14. Monasteries on Holy Mountain, Greece.
- 10d Vatopedi Monastery.
- 27d Esphigmenon Monastery.
- 2001, February 16. 175th Anniversary of Matica Srpska.
- 2001, February 26. Protected Animal Species.
- 6d Lion (Felis leo).
- 12d Polar Bear (Ursus maritimus).
- 24d Japanese Macaque (Macaca fuscata).
- 30d Humboldt Penguin (Spheniscus humboldti).
- 2001, March 18. Women World Chess Champions.
- 10d Vera Menchik, Czechoslovakia, 1927 - 1944.
- 10d Rudenko Ludmila Vladimirovna, Russia, 1950 - 1953.
- 10d Elisaveta Ivanovna Bykova, Russia, 1953 - 1956 and 1958 - 1962.
- 10d Olga Nikolaevna Rubtsova, Russia, 1956 - 1958.
- 10d Nona Terentievna Gaprindaschvili, Georgia, 1962 - 1978.
- 10d Maja Grigorievna Chiburdanidze, Russia, 1978 - 1991.
- 10d Polgar Zsuzsa, Hungary, 1996 - 1999.
- 10d Xie Jun, China, 1991 - 1996 and 1999 - 2000.
- 2001, March 19. Definitive Stamps. Famous People.
- 50d Stefan Stojanovic Mokranjac (composer) (1856 - 1914).
- 100d Nikola Tesla (physicist) (1856 - 1943).
- 2001, April 13. Decorative Trees and Bushes.
- 6d Syrian Hibiscus (Hibiscus syriacus).
- 12d Oleander (Nerium oleander).
- 24d Chilean Bellflower (Lapageria rosea).
- 30d Mountain Ash (Sorbus aucuparia).
- 2001, May 4. Europa Stamps. Water - a Natural Treasure.
- 30d River Vratna.
- 45d River Jerma.
- 2001, June 8. Centenary of the Serbian Mountaineering Association.
- 2001, June 13. European Nature Protection.
- 30d Lake Ludasko.
- 45d Landscape.
- 2001, July 2. Definitive Stamp.
- "E" (28d70). Illuminated letter from religious book.
- 2001, July 5. Yugoslavia, European Water Polo Champion, Budapest, 2001. Miniature sheet.
- 2001, September 8. 50th Anniversary of the First Serbian Philatelic
Association Exhibition. Miniature sheet.
- 2001, September 19. Energy Conservation. The Use of Solar Energy.
- 15d Symbols of solar energy.
- 2001, September 20. The Danube Commission. Clearing of the Danube.
- 30d River, bridge and ship.
- 45d River and ship.
- 2001, October 2. Joy of Europe. Famous Paintings of Children.
- 30d "Child" (painting by Marko Celabonovic, 1933).
- 45d "The Girl under the Fruit Tree" (painting by Beta Vukanovic).
- 2001, October 11. Yugoslavia, European Basketball and Volleyball Champions, 2001.
- 30d Basketball players.
- 30d Volleyball players.
- 2001, October 24. Stamp Day. 75th Anniversary of the International Philatelic Federation.
- 2001, Novmber 2. Museum Exhibits. Minerals.
- 7d Antimonite.
- 14d Calcite.
- 26d20 Silica.
- 28d70 Calcite and Galenite.
- 2001, November 18. Centenary of the Pljevlja Gymnasium.
- 2001, November 20. Centenary of the First Public Telephone Booths in Serbia.
- 15d Old telephone and man speaking on telephone.
- 2001, December 1. Christmas Stamps. Art. Paintings of the Birth of Jesus Christ.
- 7d Painting of the birth of Jesus Christ.
- 14d Painting of the birth of Jesus Christ.
- 26d20 Painting of the birth of Jesus Christ.
- 28d70 Painting of the birth of Jesus Christ.
- 2002, January 5. Junior World Ice Hockey Championships, Division III, Belgrade.
- 2002, January 25. 19th Winter Olypmic Games, Salt Lake City.
- 2002, February 1. Centenary of the Birth of Jovan Karamata (mathematician).
- 2002, February 22. Protected Animal Species. Songbirds.
- 7d Saxicola torquata.
- 14d Saxicola rubetra.
- 26d20 Parus caeruleus.
- 28d70 Turdus philomelos.
- 2002, March. Eastern.
- 2002, March 29. Pictorial Stamps.
- National costume of Bunjevac.
- Silk and embroidery.
- 2002, April 15. Zarko Tomic - Sremac.
- 2002, April 25. Fish in the Danube.
- 2002, May 3. Europa Stamps.
- 2002, June 17. 75th Anniversary of Civil Aviation.
- 2002, June 28. European Nature Protection.
- 2002, September 14. Windmills and Watermills.
- 2002, October 2. Joy of Europe.
- 2002, October 24. Stamp Day.
- 2002, November 8. Museum Exhibits.
- 2002, December 2. Art.
- 2003, January 31. Zasticene zivotinjske vrste.
- 2003, February 17. Flora.
- 2003, March 14. 150 god Srpskog pevackog drustva.
- 2003, March 27. Poznati srpski glumci.
- 2003, April 2. 100 god prvog automobila u Beogradu.
- 2003, April. Uskrs.
- 2003, May 5. Europa.
- 2003, June 12. Evropska zastita prirode.
- 2003, July 11. 125 god drzavnosti Srbije i Crne Gore.
- 2003, August 15. 100 god Kola srpskih sestara.
- 2003, August 22. 125 god Vojnog muzeja u Beogradu.
- 2003, September 1. Evropsko prvenstvo raketnih modelara.
- 2003. 850 god grada Panceva.
- 2003, September. Filatelisticka izlozba "Srbija fila".
- 2003, October 2. Radost Europe.
- 2003, October 24. Dan marke.
- 2003, November 3. Muzejski eksponati.
- 2003, December 4. Umetnost - Bozic.
- 2003, December 17. 100 god prvog leta brace Rajt.
Yugoslavian Philatelic Links.
The Yugoslavian postal service has a web site including
philatelic information at
. This information is only available in Serbian, and I have
not attempted to translate the headings.
Dr. Nikola Dogovic used to maintain a web site at
featuring New Issue information for Yugoslavian
stamps; this page also features complete listings
of stamps for Republika Srpska (Bosnia Herzegovina)
and Republika Srpska Krajina (Croatia). However, this site
is now unavailable.
The Unicover Corporation market the stamps of Yugoslavia
to customers in North America on their web site at
I also wish to thank Miomir Zivkovic for correcting the
information held on this page, and providing me with regular updates.
Information on the World Wide Fund for Nature issue
is available from Eurofila from their web site at
Back to the Country Index.