Ross Dependency Stamp New Issues.
Last updated January 2011.
First I would like to thank
New Zealand Post,
which administers the Ross Dependency postal service, for their permission to reprint this information.
Information has also been taken from the publication
"Focus", released by New Zealand Post twice a year. This
publication is available free upon request. Please
write to: Stamps Centre, New Zealand Post Limited,
Private Bag 3001, Wanganui, New Zealand.
- 1997, November 12. The World Wide Fund for Nature. Antarctic Seabirds.
- 40c Snow Petrel (Panodroma rubea).
- 80c Cape Petrel (Daption).
- $1 Antarctic Prion.
- $1.20 Antarctic Fulmar (Fulmarus glacialoides).
- $1.50 Antarctic Petrel (Thalassoica antarctica).
- $1.80 Antarctic Tern (Sterna vittata).
Each of these stamps was issued, both as a single stamp
and as part of a block of six different stamps. The
40c, 80c, $1.20 and $1.50 single stamps feature the
World Wide Fund for Nature logo. However this logo is not shown
on the $1 and $1.80 single stamps, nor is it shown on
the block of six stamps.
- 1998, November 11. Ice Formations.
- 40c Sculptured sea ice.
- 80c Glacial tongue.
- $1 Stranded tabular iceberg.
- $1.20 Autumn at Cape Evans.
- $1.50 Sea ice in summer thaw.
- $1.80 Sunset on tabular icebergs.
- 1999, November 17. Night Skies.
- 40c Sea smoke, McMurdo Sound.
- 80c Alpenglow, Mt. Erebus, Ross Island.
- $1.10 Sunset, Black Island, Ross Ice Shelf.
- $1.20 Pressure ridges, Ross Sea.
- $1.50 Evening lights, Ross Island.
- $1.80 Mother of pearl clouds, Ross Island.
- 2000, November 4. Transport on the Ice.
- 40c R.N.Z.A.F. C130 Hercules.
- 80c Hagglunds BV206 All Terrain Carrier.
- $1.10 Tracked 4x4 motorcycle.
- $1.20 A.S.V. Track Truck.
- $1.50 Squirrel Helicopter.
- $1.80 Elan Skidoo.
- 2001, November 7. Penguins.
- 40c Emperor Penguin.
- 80c Adelie Penguin.
- 90c Emperor Penguin.
- $1.30 Adelie Penguin.
- $1.50 Emperor Penguin.
- $2 Adelie Penguin.
- 2002, November 6. The Discovery Expedition, 1901 - 1904.
- 40c The Three Man Team.
- 80c The H.M.S. "Discovery" at anchor.
- 90c The H.M.S. "Discovery" frozen into icy terrain.
- $1.30 Sledges and Tents.
- $1.50 The crew of the H.M.S. "Discovery".
- $2 Discovery Hut at Hut Point.
- 2003, October 1. Marine Life.
- 40c Red Sea Star (Odontaster validus).
- 90c Sea Gooseberry or Comb Jelly (Beroe cucumis).
- $1.30 Giant Sea Star (Macroptychaster accrescens).
- $1.50 Sea Urchin (Sterechinus neumayeri).
- $2 Fan Worm (Perkinsiana littoralis).
- 2004, November 3. Emperor Penguins.
- 45c Penguin and chick.
- 90c Penguin.
- $1.35 Penguin and chick.
- $1.50 Penguins and chick.
- $2 Penguins.
- 2005, November 2. Through the Lens.
- 45c Landscape photograph by Craig Potton.
- 90c Photograph of penguins by Andris Apse.
- $1.35 Photograph of a fur seal by Mark Mitchell.
- $1.50 Photograph of Scott's hut by Colin Monteath.
- $2 Photograph of a whale by Kim Westerskov.
- 2006, November 1. 50th Anniversary of the New Zealand Antarctic Programme.
- 45c Biologist.
- 90c Hydrologist.
- $1.35 Geologist.
- $1.50 Meteorologist.
- $2 Marine biologist.
- 2007, November 7. 50th Anniversary of the Commonwealth Trans-Antarctic Expedition.
- 50c Air transport.
- $1 Sledge.
- $1.50 Dog team.
- $2 Tractor.
- $2.50. H.M.N.Z.S. "Endeavour".
The $2 and $2.50 stamps were also issued, together, in a miniature sheet.
- 2008, November 5. Centenary of the second Shackleton Antarctic Expedition.
- 50c Departure of the "Nimrod" from Lyttelton.
- $1 Exhibition Hut, Cape Royds.
- $1.50 First vehicle on the continent.
- $2 First to reach the South Magnetic Pole.
- $2.50 First ascent of Mt. Erebus.
- 2009, November 25. 50th Anniversary of the Signing of the Antarctic Treaty.
- 50c Map of Antarctica.
- $1 Penguins.
- $1.80 Scientist.
- $2.30 Flags.
- $2.80 Seals.
- 2010, November 17. Whales.
- 60c Sperm whale (Physeter macrocephlus).
- $1.20 Minke whale (Balaenoptera acutorostrata and B. bonarensis).
- $1.90 Sei whale (Balaenoptera borealis).
- $2.40 Killer whale (Orcinus orca).
- $2.90 Humpback whale (Megaptera novaeangliae).
These five stamps were also issued, together, in a miniature sheet.
Ross Dependency Philatelic Links.
New Zealand Post.
Contact the Editor.
Back to the Country Index.